mercoledì 24 marzo 2010

In pratica -Elencare, per esempio



Un classico scritto da David Abbott:

Because I've known you all my life

Because a red Rudge bicycle once made me the happiest boy on the street

Because you let me play cricket on the lawn

Because you used to dance in the kitchen with a tea-towel round your waist

Because your cheque book was always busy on my behalf

Because our house was always full of books and laughter

Because of countless Saturday mornings you gave up to watch a small boy play rugby

Because you never expected too much of me or let me get away with too little

Because of all the nights you sat working at your desk while I lay sleeping in my bed

Because you never embarrassed me by talking about the birds and the bees

Because I know there's a faded newspaper clipping in your wallet about my scholarship

Because you always made me polish the heels of my shoes as brightly as the toes

Because you've remembered my birthday 38 times out of 38

Because you still hug me when we meet

Because you still buy my mother flowers

Because you've more than your fair share of grey hairs and I know who helped put them there

Because you're a marvellous grandfather

Because you made my wife feel one of the family

Because you wanted to go to McDonalds the last time I bought you lunch

Because you've always been there when I've needed you

Because you let me make my own mistakes and never once said "I told you so."

Because you still pretend you only need glasses for reading

Because I don't say thank you as often as I should

Because it's Father's Day

Because if you don't deserve Chivas Regal, who does


Su bathnaturally altri 15 classici.

Nessun commento: